We started our company with the idea for our Varden Sleeve, coupled with our modular A-Frames. Our trays have gotten most of the attention up till now but we are beginning the rollout of the sleeves and frames to offer great variety in growing, display and selling applications. The 6’ tall version we exhibited at Cultivate ’21 this past week is the culmination of plenty of design, trial and error. Personally I am very pleased with the structure and ease of assembly the final version has achieved. Each set of frame components is custom made of aluminum and made modular by the use of repeating 3’ long segments that can be easily connected to yield frames from 3’ tall to 12’ tall. We can also include:
- drip irrigation for both the trays and the sleeves
- two types of welded wire panels to span the uprights and carry the or trays sleeves (or both)
- we can add a sump in the drip pan (prevents a mess in store applications) so the use of pumps is available to drive the irrigation in stand-alone “service” applications
- lighting??? Yes, we even have mounts for grow lights on both sides
- our frames can be fixed in a permanent location or can use our structural base with locking casters to grow just about anywhere
Here at Cultivate’21 we received plenty of good feedback on the many service applications our A-Frames can be use in. We were thinking display of live herbs for grocery, in addition to restaurant patios and small farming. We heard of opportunities in greenhouse, floral display and garden center display. Wow!
The new Varden Sleeve tray was a hit as was the deep 100mm Ellepot that contains the growing media inside it. The show provided a great debut all around for our Ellepot based offerings as we also showcased the Ellepot Pouch in our Varden Trays and received a good response to them as well.
Many thanks to our friends and collaborators at Blackmore Company for their support for our unique use of AirTrays and Ellepots with our many vertical growing systems. Their products make our products better!